The Consignment Process
We are looking for items whose style and condition will appeal to today’s buyers. These items exclude anything that needs to be refinished, re-upholstered, or professionally cleaned. Emailing a photo to us is the best way to save time and energy.
We no longer pick up. We can give you the names of some very good and reasonable local movers. We will need to inspect your pieces before we can price them. Again, sending small resolution photos ahead of time helps a lot. We reserve the right to turn away any items that we don't think would appeal to our customers. If items are not consigned, they must be picked up within 7 days or they will become the property of Remix Furniture.
The selling process works like this:
- Commission = 50% of the final selling price
- 1st month = full price
- 2nd month = 25% off the full price
- 3rd month = 50% off the full price
- After 3 months, we give our consignors 3 choices: 1.) You can come pick up your items (please call ahead), 2.) We can continue to try to sell them in the store (we reserve the right to give customers an extra 10% off to keep the inventory turning), or 3.) we can donate them to a non-profit/charity.
- Checks will be mailed to consignors twice a month (around the 1st and the 15th). They can be mailed to you or picked up at the store.
All sales are final. There are no returns. However, we will gladly consign any items that the store sold previously (must be in good condition, etc.)
At this time, we do not offer delivery of purchased items. We can provide you with a list of local delivery services.